HOW TO AFFIX YOUR STAMPS
Stamps can be affixed into your album in two ways, either by using stamp hinges, or by using a mount. Hinges and mounts are available from stamp dealers. The mounts are in sheets of varying width, and comprise two panes joined at the bottom. The front pane is clear, and the back pane can be either clear or black. Select the width most suitable for your needs.
Using Stamp Hinges
· Always use peel able stamp hinges.
· Hinges are available unfolded or pre-folded. The latter are easier to use.
· To mount stamps using pre-folded hinges-
1. Lightly moisten the shorter end of the hinge, and allow it to dry slightly.
2. Attach this to the rear of the stamp, below the perforations.
3. Lightly moisten the bottom ⅓ of the long end of the hinge, and carefully mount the hinge on the album page. Do not remove the hinge before it is thoroughly dried.
Using Stamp Mounts
· Cut the mount to the size required using scissors or a sharp knife.
· Moisten the back of the mount and affix it to the album page with the join at the bottom.
· Insert the stamp.
It is recommended that you initially experiment with these mounts to determine the correct positioning of them in relation to the illustration on your album page.